All you need to know about ICSI Treatment
What is ICSI?
ICSI stands for (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection). It’s a Fertility treatment for men who are being suffered from male infertility problems. The ICSI treatment will be done for the persons when their sperm cannot fertilize the egg. In this process the sperms are directly injected to the eggs, that can fertilize and then there is no chance fertility failure. This is carried to laboratory and it will be examined by an embryologist using the equipment. Generally, a person with low Sperm count or low mobility, he will go with normal ejaculation.
Who is Suitable for ICSI?
- • If the Person’s sperm count is too low.
- • If a person is having high levels of antibodies in the semen.
- • If any fertilization failure before.
- • Electro Ejaculation.
- • Sperm Morphology, means sperms moving in abnormal way.
How ICSI Treatment is done?
Basically, we have 4 simple steps of a procedure
- • The developed egg is held with a holding specialized pipette
- • A single sperm is taken to debilitate with a very thin needle.
- • A fertility egg consists of cytoplasm, in that the needle is carefully inserted to inject.
- • The eggs will be kept under observation process for normal fertilization.
Once the step by step process is done, we will go with the embryo transfer procedure to place it in the women’s uterus. Then the specialist will go for a blood test to determine the pregnancy occurred or not.
Can you have twins with ICSI?
Couples that go for ICSI Treatment with IVF have about a 29 to 36 percent of chance having twins and 5 percent of chance having triplets.
How long does it take for ICSI treatment?
Usually, on average, it takes four to six weeks to complete one cycle. For completion of this procedure, a couple must spend 4 to 6 hours in the hospital.
Does ICSI have higher success rates in India?
Chances of ICSI Success varies from patient to patient. You may assume that all eggs get fertilized with ICSI, but it’s wrong. Fertilization is not 100 per cent guaranteed even when a sperm is injected into the egg. It completely depends upon the age of the female and many factors.
- • If the person is aged 34 there is a 43% of chance.
- • If the person is aged between 35 - 37 there is a 39% of chance.
- • If the person is aged between 38 - 39 there is a 30% of chance.
- • If the person is aged between 40 - 43 there is a 22% of chance.
For the couple who are having conceiving problems and if the reason is male infertility then ICSI is the only treatment.
What Are the Risks of ICSI with IVF? Is It Really Safe for the Baby?
ICSI treatment with accompanies regular risks normally, but the ICSI procedure introduces extra ones. A normal pregnancy comes with a 1 to 3.5 per cent risk of major birth defect. but it's really very rare. ICSI procedure carries a slightly increased risk of birth defects than a normal pregnancy. If you give birth to a male baby, there is a chance of fertility problems in the future. This is because of genetically.
This is some additional risks are for ICSI Treatment. It's one thing you have to keep in mind if you need ICSI to conceive. Then you should discuss you’re your doctor and get to know all the pro and cons.
ICSI Treatment Cost in India
The basic treatment cost per cycle differs from Hospital to Hospital and purely depends up on the Doctor. ICSI Treatment Cost in India will be around Rs. 2,00,000 – Rs. 3,00,000. It’s a minimum cost, upon that additional charges will be around Rs. 1,50,000 – Rs. 3,00,000/-.